WRT has developed a highly efficient, proprietary adsorptive media for the removal of strontium from water. This process removes strontium by passing contaminated water through a fluidized bed of our proprietary natural adsorptive media in treatment columns—without adding chemicals, generating liquid waste, or wasting water.
We provide a complete solution, from process equipment and treatment media to the handling and transportation of spent media.
WRT’s Strontium Removal Solution
- Reduction of strontium to non-detectable levels
- No backwash or regeneration cycle required
- Zero-liquid discharge system ensures that no liquid waste stream is generated
- Pre-treatment for iron removal not required
- Minimal maintenance and operation consists of routine monitoring and sampling
- No handling or exchange of media or chemicals by utility staff
- A complete package of services can be provided on a long-term contract basis